Monday, April 29, 2013

What am I missing?

Ok. I give up. I've tried for years to figure out what everyone's problem is with Tim Tebow, and I give up. Why is he supposedly not good enough to start at QB in the NFL? And why do most people hate him?

Tebow rode the bench since he arrived in New York. When he wasn't on the bench he was used in all manner of positions from punt protection to some kind of running back. Is everyone just going to accept that Mark Sanchez is such a better QB? That's hard for me to stomach because MARK SANCHEZ IS TERRIBLE! Two years in a row I had him on my fantasy team and he was worthless both years. Also, let's not forget: TEBOW WON IN DENVER. Didn't make it all the way to the Super Bowl, but since when is that the sole criterion used to pick a starter? Hell, look at the Falcons, Matty Ice has been their starter for years. Tim isn't the best QB in the league, but he's good enough to start somewhere and one of those places was New York. He was unfairly saddled with the "unconventional" tag and since everyone overthinks everything in the NFL, he's had to live with it.

Another thing I don't get is all the ire aimed against him. Why does everyone hate this nice young guy? Yes, he's very religious and no, I probably wouldn't want to sit next to him on an airplane and hear his thoughts on Jesus Christ, but I'll buy his "nice guy" deal. He is an insanely hard worker. He volunteers his time and money, he's never in trouble with the law, and he enunciates when he speaks. Would everyone rather he just father a bunch of kids with a bunch of different women so when he's out of football he can get behind on child support? Should he build an entourage or shoot himself in the leg at a nightclub? That seems to be the norm now.

I'll wrap this up by saying that Tim Tebow is a good player, much better than people give him credit for. He'll start somewhere this season. Mark my words.

1 comment:

  1. Can't comment much on the talent side of things, but I'd say NFL teams and management know much more than we do, so I would trust their opinion.

    Why do so many people despise him? Well, I think it has less to do with him as a person, and more to do with this:
    http://deadspin.com/5929361/how-espn-ditched-journalism-and-followed-skip-bayless-to-the-bottom-a-tim-tebow-story

    ReplyDelete